Skip to main content

How to destress during crunch time



Dear Readers,




It's me, Sebastian, game designer at Shadow Shrimp Studios. Today I wanted to talk about a very important topic, How to handle crunch time stress. Crunch time stress is the stress that builds up as life swirls around you as deadlines loom even closer and closer. Crunch time can be very stressful and everyone has different coping mechanisms for it. While alcohol isn’t always bad (please drink responsibly), too much alcohol can be dangerous for you and those around you. In this post, I thought it would be nice to explore some of my approaches that DON'T involve alcohol.

"When I get stressed, I like to turn to one of four ways of decompressing. They may not be for everyone, but hopefully this might give you some ideas you might not have considered before."





Cooking

Personally cooking is one of my favorite ways to unwind. It lets you blow off steam and learn new recipes. Plus, you get to eat what you make!


Hobbies

Hobbies can range from painting gunpla models to watching a TV show you love. They're not only a great way to pass the time, but also to destress your body and mind. I personally enjoy watching game of thrones and to relax after a good day of meeting.


Cleaning

When I'm really stressed, I have found that cleaning my apartment is a great way to take my mind off of things. It keeps your body and mind busy, plus it can help let off some of that pent up stress, while making your place super clean.


Sleep

Of course, SLEEP is the most important of the things on this list, even if its a quick power nap. Sleep does the soul and body wonders. I take a regular hour nap so that my mind and body get refreshed and energized.

So, this is just my personal list, but hopefully it gives you some ideas to try. Because at the end of the day, you've only got one life and one body so please take care of it. From everyone at Shadow Shrimp Studios: have a great day and remember to take care of yourself.




Seabass



Game Developer at Shadow Shrimp Studios


Comments